Sunday, November 22, 2020

Taking stock - and mostly just rambling. Need to get this topic clearer in my head

 I am aware that I have been letting things go. I'm also aware that I need to make these words bigger so I can read them more easily...

This is the next size up. I think I like it. I think the large might be TOO big. So, taking stock. I became aware today, or not aware really, but I looked at the activities in my life and realized that I'm dropping things off the cliff that I thought I really wanted to keep doing, and I've already added things for next year that I'm wondering if I should be adding.

What I really got from all of this is that I need to make a plan and stick to it. I need to figure out what is important to me and why, what I am getting from it, and then either keep it in or say goodbye.

It's the clutter issue all over again. Time clutter I think is almost worse than paper and junk clutter. Time clutter steals life force - probably they both do but time is so limited, and then dealing with the other kind of clutter takes time so it's a double whammy, but when it's done, when an area gets cleared out, it does feel good. Tonight I went though all my coupons. I have a TON of Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons because they don't expire. But then last year I signed up for the program where you get 20% off of everything. I'm not going to sign up again for that until I get rid of the ones I have. And I'm not buying a lot of things from anywhere, so the coupons might not even get used.

I threw a bunch of coupons away and organized them so I can get to them easily. I'll see how it goes, but it felt good.

Speaking of coupons, I'm really not buying much these days. I've become aware of how little I really need. The only "stuff" I've been going after are my zentangle supplies. But after that... I almost went to Target today because I really like the foaming hand wash, and I'm almost out, but I have other hand wash products and I really should use those first, so I will.

I'm just rambling now, so I will sign off...

No comments:

Post a Comment