Sunday, November 29, 2020

Figuring things out an addendum

The same person I did a little mini rant about in the Figuring Things Out blog I met with today.

The methodology that the Handle Group uses is pretty awesome actually. And one of the tools is having a hard conversation. First of all, my coach and I love one another and wouldn't stay frustrated or angry for long once things were aired, and that is what happened during our hard conversation which really wasn't so hard because I did not want to stay angry or frustrated and I wanted everything to be okay. Being apologized to is very nice, however.  

The thing I have to say about her is that when I make a promise to her I keep it. Handle is also fond of promises and consequences. I'm not fond of them. If I make a promise I am going to keep it and not keeping it creates its own consequence of me being unhappy with myself which is pretty awful for me. I'm a nasty taskmaster with myself.

I promised her two weeks ago I would stick with my eating program which was MY eating program and not one that was imposed upon me. I had some stories I was telling myself that it used to be easy but now it is hard and that I just can't do it. Well those stories went out the window and it was easy and I ate well, I stopped thinking about food so much and I felt really good, and two weeks later I am down (and would have been down - my weight) even more had Thanksgiving not been in the mix, but I already said that bets were off for Thanksgiving weekend and I had intended to eat my daughter's pumpkin pie that actually turned out to be a pumpkin lava cake. It was really good. I was happy I ate it, and then ate a little more the next day, but then we threw it away, which I really could have insisted on T-G evening, but didn't... lesson maybe learned.

So one of the other things I really want to work with is my clutter issue. I promised her I would get everything off my desk and into my tickler for the days I am going to work with the items. And, lo and behold, it's almost all done. Not the handling of the items, but the putting away of the papers AND I actually did do a bunch of the things in the pile because they were easy and I could do them. I even sent an e-mail to someone I needed to get some information about, and amazingly, because that is how things are happening for me, she answered just minutes later. I got all the information I needed, and finished something that was on my plate for tomorrow! It was a very productive evening! 

I did not dance or do a zentangle, however, but it's almost 9:30 and that is my bed time - so I am good with waiting to finish sorting the pile and doing my zentangle till tomorrow. ALSO, I began to play an actual piece of music tonight. I did a few pages of exercises and then grabbed a book and started. It was SO MUCH FUN! I love pampering my creative side, and oh yeah, I hit 50,000 words today. I have not ended my story yet, but I did end this phase one of my NANO journey. It's actually still nice that I have more writing to do because it will keep me going and that is a good thing. Maybe I'll have a 100,000 word book at the end of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment