Wednesday, November 4, 2020

I'm such a good girl! I'm eating my veggies before dessert!

I have been away from the TV pretty much all day. I was feeling down this morning (the election), but my daughter pointed me back up in the right direction (thank you and God bless you daughter!).

I've been doing my NANO novel for a good part of the day along with all my my pre-stuff activities and my on-line meeting with the Cape Cod NANO group. Such fun... I am having a blast with this even though I don't know where I'm going... I feel like I'm following the bread trails that my characters are throwing on the ground. I have created some interesting characters, that I can say. At least I think they are interesting. And at this point, that's ALL that matters.

When I got up this morning I was thinking about how much the political climate was feeling like the revolutionary war. We have the Loyalists (aka Trumpers), and the patriots (AKA the anti-Trumpers and/or the Biden/Harris group). 

I thought, I wish I knew more about that war, but I do know someone who does! I called her - she lives 3 hours ahead of me back east (it was early in California), and I asked her if she knew the percentage of people who were Loyalists and the percentage that were patriots. 

She didn't, but said she had a book that might enlighten her. She called me back later. Interestingly, 1/3 were loyalists, 1/3 were patriots, and 1/3 were undecided.... VEDDDY INTERESTING...as Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes (TV not film) used to say.

I mentioned it to Sarah (daughter) and she sent me 3 documents containing a spiritual teacher's writings about that exact thing (relationship of the situation now with the past situations). I haven't read them yet, but am very excited to do that when I get a minute... I will get a minute because I am very curious!

I feel so good today considering so much of the country has been in chaos! Thank God for our minds that can take us to where we want to be even when we are not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment