Monday, November 9, 2020

Just a few words

 I am not having an easy time typing today because I cut my finger on a French Press carafe that I either fell and broke or that broke and then I fell. So my finger hurts and they decided to use the butterfly strips rather than stitches because I was a wuss at the beginning not wanting stitches. I've never had them. I finally said sure, the nurse talked me into it, and then the doctor said, 'Oh I think we can get away with the strips. But I wasn't aware of how much I use my pinkie to type and I am noticing that the blood stain is spreading.

So I think I need to really slow it down and let my hand rest which actually excites me because I think I can watch some TV, make my list of things I need to gather for a retreat I am attending starting on Wednesday, and then go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a bit busy... I am not sure if I should stay here or at the hotel. It kind of depends upon how much I get done.

So if I were going to do more on this blog, I'd be working on trying to figure out why I am doing things like getting so sick that I can't keep up with my commitments - I figure part of it is that sickness is a good excuse to not have to do things I don't really want to do. But I know there is more. I'll dream on it, and maybe get stitches tomorrow so that I can move forward with my life without thinking about this stuff - including now the lump growing in my butt from when I fell. It was really quite a good fall. I pushed myself further away from the pile of glass near where the carafe broke very cognizant of not wanting to fall on the glass. I'd already sliced my finger.

Finger screaming. Need to end this now... 

I just went down stairs to see if I could find the word for the strips that they used on me to close the wound, but it wasn't on the sheet. What was there was that they gave me a DTAP shot!! I thought I was just getting Tetanus. They gave me Diphtheria, Tetanus and Acellular Pertussis!!! I was aware that my arm was hurting and then remembered why... oh those people... I will have to have a word!

Finger and emotions screaming, so I REALLY need to end this now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment