Monday, November 23, 2020

Awareness of little annoying things that I do

 I am starting to become really aware, in a different way than I ever have before, of the annoying little things that I do in my head. The judgments against, the snap judgments about, the mental snippiness and what is making me a little nuts is I don't know how to counter them, and yet, that's not true. Of course I do. I can do an immediate reality check. If I get snippy because someone is complaining a lot, I can just realize that I do that too sometimes, and that sometimes people need to get their feelings out and if I want to do something about it, if it is appropriate for me to say anything, I can ask, 'well what is it that you want?' That's a great question for me not to just ask others, but to ask myself.

When the snippiness starts I can simply ask myself 'hey Nance how would you like this to be, and does it really need to be any different?' The answer, I am sure will be that the other does not need to change a thing, that it is just my way of viewing it that needs to change.

Problem solved... now I just have to put it into practice and then report on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment