Friday, November 20, 2020

If you look for it - it will come

So I got an e-mail from Capital One saying that my phone number had been changed. I never changed my phone number.

I went on line to see if there had been any charges I didn't recognize, but there weren't. So I called. Found out that the cell number there was not my cell number. I spoke to someone there who transferred me to the fraud department. Forty-Seven minutes later the phone told me that it couldn't take my call and I should call back, or use the on-line options.

So, that pissed me off... I had also just filled out a survey for a time share I had stayed at last week. I was doing a retreat and thought going away would be better than being home. At home I have every distraction at my disposal, at a hotel, not so much. Plus I had an ocean view. I also had a train that went by a number of times a day, but I have that at home too, so no big deal.

Mostly, it was great, except for the concierge pretending that she knew the story of Abraham-Hicks and insisting to me that Esther Hicks learned how to be a channel using the same teacher she used. And she insisted that I was wrong when I said she didn't use any teacher to learn.

That got my goat. I let things get that goat of mine too often.

The four days were mostly great. The light in the living area went out. I called and a guy came to fix it. He then came back later with someone else so I had to lock myself in my bedroom to do the retreat while they fixed it. If they didn't fix it then, they didn't know when they would be able to. Okay, fine. Inconvenient, but not the end of the world. They had to move the heavy dining table to fix the light, but, they must have forgotten to move it back (or did they not move it back on purpose?). Again, not a big deal but annoying. I'm strong. I moved it back myself.

Finally, the day before I was checking out, I went to the office to see if I could get a late check out at 11:30 since I had a phone call I needed to make that would take me till 11, and I wanted some time to finish packing, etc.

I took my first load to the car (I brought my own food so there was more than there would usually be), and then when I went back in to get the rest of the stuff, I couldn't get the door to open. My key card no longer worked. I called the office and told them what happened, and that I'd gotten permission to stay till 11:30. She informed me that I was supposed to have checked out at 10, and that fact that I'd gotten permission to stay till 11:30 wasn't her problem (she didn't say it in such a mean way, but... she was not kind about it either. No apology, they didn't really care - and I'm supposed to be what they call a platinum member, but I guess that really doesn't mean anything to them.

Fifteen or so minutes later a very nice guy showed up, but I was not a happy camper. I got the rest of my stuff out and was more than happy to be leaving, which was too bad as I'd really had a nice time there.

So back to Capital One. As you can see, I had my 'hate the world' hat on and obviously I'm still attracting things that prove to me that the world is worth hating. Watching the news tonight didn't help either, and now I have a headache and am trying to decide if I should just go to sleep or take an aspirin first... anyway, it gave me my topic for today - if you look for it - it will come. And so it does - every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment