Monday, November 16, 2020

It was a dark and stormy night... nah... not really...

This was an interesting day and what I am aware of is that all the writing I do is really important for and to me. 

I really thought this was a waste of a day, but it's not. It was actually quite an interesting day, in retrospect, anyway. When I was looking at what I hadn't done, it was definitely not so great, but now, as I've been writing about it, and because I realize that I WILL get everything done that I really want to get done today and if I don't get it all done, or as much, c'est la vie! And that's okay with me (and I'm a poet and don't even know it).

What I didn't do: my second meditation, A Course in Miracles, all this writing until very late in the day, and I didn't do my Zentangle before writing, and that blows me away because I LOVE my Zentangles and I even turned my friend Nancy on to it and she was so appetitive and excited about it, and that also happened today.

I have less than an hour to do everything I want to do. It's all date and time stamped, and needs to be done before midnight. I may not get all my 2000 words done for NANO today, but that's okay. I will do something! And reviewing the day has been so revelatory for me.

Yesterday, when I was coming home from the retreat, I saw my neighbor Irene's son, Mike in front of her house. Irene is an angel. We are 10  years apart. She was born in 42, I was born in 52. We've had some really lovely times together, but over the last few months she's been getting sicker and sicker, and she has a boyfriend, also named Michael, and I wonder how he's doing. I know has not been completely healthy, but I haven't seen him for ages. So when I saw Mike's car and Mike standing there, I just knew. Irene was no longer with us. I don't know why I didn't go over and speak with him, but the inspiration to do so was not there.

Her daughter came over today and told me that, and I feel so foolish because I kind of put her off because I was on the call with Joanna. I should have hung up with Joanna and gone right to being with Shannon. My heart is really hurting over that decision.

Another thing that happened, much less dramatic, was that I have this falling apart wooden work table in my back yard. I've been thinking I would really like to pull it apart and get rid of it. I had been wondering if the next time Jose, my gardener comes, if he could tear it apart and get it into the garbage bin. And today, lo and behold, he came by (I almost never know when that is going to happen), and I asked, and he did it (I paid for him to do it, but he completely deserved it and it's done, after probably a year of my thinking about it). And I think I actually thought about it the last time he was here but was somehow afraid to ask. Today I was inspired to ask. So now, I want to take the pots I have in the garden, and fill them with beautiful plants. It is my sincerest intention to do that.

I think that one of the plants should be an Amaryllis plant in honor of Irene. She loved them, and my God that woman had a green thumb! Everything she touched turned a beautiful green and bloomed like crazy.

Irene's husband died shortly after I moved in, and now Irene. I do regret not spending more time with her.

So these things all became hints for me in where to take my shamanic coming of age NANO novel. 

I think I will have my main character, Lucy, start to have experiences that she cannot explain. More and more, she will just know things, and then start to appreciate and love that she can do that, and then maybe she decides to teach her students how to do it, and then becomes world famous for helping to change the energies of the planet or something like that. Maybe one of the first things that happens (she's a teacher), is that she goes into the classroom and someone has played a joke and she just knows and goes right to whatever it is and the kids are freaked out. They think that someone told her. "How did you know that?" "An old ugly bird named Goldfish told me." Goldfish is the African Gray that lives with her.

During the day, I've been hearing Irene's beautiful laugh in my head. My Elvis loving friend. She was such a dear, sweet, woman. I wonder what they will do with the house. I wonder if Shannon will move it. I hope that Lacy, her granddaughter, and one of the sweetest young people I've ever met, sticks around. I really enjoy seeing and speaking with her. We both have a love of labradorite. Maybe I should give her my labradorite ring or one of the labradorite stones.

So this is a very eclectic and crazy post covering too many things and going back and forth, and it's getting so very late, so I will end it here. Suffice it to say that reviewing my day today had a lot of benefits, like realizing that my day was not a waste, but a lovely use of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment