Saturday, October 24, 2020

This is what I'm doing because it works for me

Today's title is the statement I recorded at 6:40am while meditating. The form of mediation I do, Ziva Meditation, was created by Emily Fletcher. I enjoy it, and I've been doing it since April (the same time I gave up coffee). Lately, I've been better with no coffee than my two times a day meditation (one time - piece of cake - the second one - just seems to sometimes fall off the time schedule).

I spoke with Emily on one of her live calls and said "What do I do with the good ideas I get during meditation?"

She said to create an internal "box" to store them in and then get them out at the end.

Well, my box must have a hole in it because I've tried that a bunch of times but those 'great ideas' seem to be irretrievable.

Somehow in the past - the way past - though it is still my way of operating today - I adopted the following idea: When a person of 'power,' (the expert) tells me what to do. I should do it.

Emily says not to open your eyes and break out of the meditation (except to check the time), so I haven't. I've lost some of what I at least thought were pretty great ideas, and basically, I've been giving up the power to make my own choices when they go against the authority figure for many many many years.

No more Ms. Nice Rule Follower... as of today, I am going to do whatever I want to do. If it works for me, I'm doing it.

And, of course, because this is a blog about miracles, during the Abraham-Hicks workshop today that was pretty much their message. Do what works for you and don't let others' needs and demands supersede your own desires. We're on the same page me and Abraham. Which means I am finally awake to and on the same page as my own Inner Being.

The next thing I spoke down was "I am never alone. God is always by my side." Another thing that Abraham hit on today. And the final thing I spoke into my phone was that the key to doing whatever I want is playfulness. Another Abraham talking point for the day.

I won the trifecta!

So after a nice morning with 3 pretty great zoom meetings, plus the Abraham workshop, I kind of dropped my momentum and walked right into a bad habit hole.

A Course in Miracles Chapter 1 The Meaning of Miracles

1. Principles of Miracles.

#6. Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong.

I want to say that something has gone wrong, and yet, it really hasn't. Walking into an old habit hole just make what I want clearer, and that is a good thing.

I get to make a new choice right now. A choice to make a different choice tomorrow. A choice that is more in line with what I really want.

There are a variety of paths to walk down and my intention for tomorrow is to make the choices to go down the ones that feel the best, and to do what I do because it works for me. I can do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment