Friday, October 16, 2020

Car Wash and Kindness

Okay, I'm back. I'm going to begin writing this blog daily even if it's just to say, hi, what miracles are you experiencing?  I don't even know if another living, breathing person will ever read these, but that is not the point. I'm not sure what the point is, but it seems like a good idea, and if I'm going to do this thing, which I've been attempting to do for a very many years, it's really about time... I'm going to be 68 in 13 days, how many more years am I going to wait?!?! 

So here I go, for real, and there are some older pieces I want to rewrite. So I will do that, and link to them, when I'm ready... or maybe I need to set up a date and time and just do rather than waiting for that illusive inspiration to hit. Or, as Pam Grout says, if I just do it all the time so the Muse knows where and when to show up... but that's for another blog piece.

So there have been a few things of interest in line with experiencing miracles - the point of this blog. Today I will share the car wash.

I decided I wanted to get my car cleaned because it was filthy, but my niece was parking in my garage for a few days and it seemed silly to get it nice and clean only to leave it out over night for several nights to get dirty again.

I figured once she left, I'd just go do it, but I didn't find the time, until it found me.

I was driving home from my daily walk and from doing a few errands but I couldn't get into my right turn lane so had to go straight and turn where I could which happened to be right where the car wash was. Even though I had something I had to do in just a little while, I knew I had enough time to do the wash and finally get it done, besides the universe led me here. I realized that I could have not gotten angry about not being able to turn right and instead said something to myself like - oh, wonder why I need to go straight! As I am writing this, I am aware that I need to ask that question to myself more often instead of beating myself up for something or being frustrated about how something has turned out, just ask myself what the purpose of the experience is/was... onward...

I got it washed but it was weird, not ideal - I had to use cash because their card machine wasn't working, so I did that even though it meant getting rid of pretty much all the cash I had on me. It was fine, but still, a little weird for something I thought was so perfectly designed. And as I was watching the guys cleaning my car at the end when they dry and 'detail' it - not a real detail, just get the spots off, he was being so meticulous I put the three dollars back in my wallet and pulled out a five. There was another woman who happened to own the Mercedes being worked on who had ONE WHOLE DOLLAR out. I made sure she saw me holding a five, though probably she couldn't care less. Some day I want to do a whole piece on generosity and our stinginess because as a society it seems that that is the way we roll (most of us) unless there is an emergency and then the generosity bug shows up. Why can't it always be there?!?! So interesting to me, but I diverge.

When I went up to get my car and gave the masked young man the five dollars and the receipt, he was so happy his eyes were actually shining. He thanked me and said that he hoped to see me again. I smiled back and said for sure and got into my car. But I couldn't move because he and kept spotting and cleaning the mirror and windshield and side of my car. I almost wanted to laugh. It was such a lovely encounter. Oh, I'm just getting it, so I got my car washed and he got an experience of generosity that somehow filled him. There are always reasons - usually more than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment