Friday, October 23, 2020

I woke up feeling sick. I wonder why.

Did I not want to do my slow motion weight training and needed an excuse not to go? I really did feel sick, at the time. I'm fine now. 

It was a day... I have a friend whose birthday is today - October 23rd. Mine is October 29th. For the past many years, I call her on this day and we have a long conversation. She was my best friend in high school. We went our separate ways and hadn't been in touch for years, and then just wound up talking again. So every year, we speak, at least once. It's nice.

As I was doing my 750 words tonight I realized I wanted to forward a friend an e-mail I'd received, so I stopped doing the 750 words and sent her the e-mail. Then I realized that I needed to check out another e-mail a friend had sent me earlier today that I hadn't responded to, so I did, and then responded and it was done.

I realized how freeing that was. Those things that popped into my head were each handled in minutes and then done and gone and out of my brain. I think this is something I want to do on a regular basis in order to keep my head free of clutter. I'll play with it and see where it takes me.

I did my second Zentangle class today. Seriously. That is a wonderful activity that I found brings me inner peace, joy, playfulness, delight, and is just plain fun. I have them both hanging on the cabinet doors above my computer along with my favorite quote: "Someone told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn."

I love that quote. I love my unicorn of a life. And I love that I'm writing these daily. And I think I love you - whomever you are on the seen or unseen level reading my blog (hi Mom and Dad - I know you guys are out there and probably Meta - maybe Mike - maybe Jon). It's so nice having a party of folks on the other side. I think I should start to use them more! They have so much broader a perspective than I do... and I think that now it is time for bed. <3

One more thing... I just went to my e-mails to sign off and my sister had lost an e-mail I'd sent her. I sent it on to her (without getting even miffed that she'd misplaced it) and realized that I'd meant to send it to my daughter to, so I did... thanks Universe... the Universe comes through every time!





No comments:

Post a Comment