Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Procrastination

I received this recently - it might even have been today. It was the daily quote e-mail from Abraham-Hicks. (abraham-hicks.com)

"What is the definition of procrastination? It means: I can feel within my Energy sensor that this action is not in perfect alignment at this time."

Excerpted from Boston, MA on 10/10/99

Our Love

Esther (Abraham and Jerry)

First, when I read this this morning, I knew it was what I would like to write about, so I copied and pasted it in here, and my inner being must have known I'd need a little push to get it done today. So thank you Inner Being... 

Reading this makes me feel good. I'm not lazy, I'm not avoiding, I'm just not lined up with whatever it is that I am trying to badger myself into doing. So the thing to do is to line up, right? Right, and also not the easiest thing in the world to do.

First, I have to stop my head from making excuses and trying to get out of whatever it is - writing, organizing, writing cards, homework, it can be anything.

BUT, once I get my head under control, once I find the reason that I really want to do something, it becomes much easier. 

Enter the dream. I learned about writing out dreams from the Inner U (www.inneru.coach) classes I've taken. They are pretty powerful. For me, the most powerful ones have been the mini ones I've done such as my dream for America, and my NANO dream. And now, it's the procrastination dream:

I am a good person. I accomplish a lot. I am creative and kind and I get done everything that I really need to do.

I actually love getting things done and once I start, it's generally an easy slide down hill to completion.

When I don't feel like it, I get in touch with the part inside that is resisting and just squeeze it - hug it tightly and let it know I'm here for it. I am here for that part for myself now and always. And then I think about why I want to do whatever it is. And between loving and hugging myself, and declaring why I want to do the thing I am avoiding, I am well on my way. I discover that I do want to do it and just begin.


I haven't used this dream yet. I just made it up right now. What I know is that when I got home from doing my red-light sauna session I was tired and didn't want to do a thing. I for sure didn't want to do any writing. Not my 750 words, my blog or put another few hundred words on my NANO novel.

But I had started to put into place the dream though it hadn't been written yet. And here I go. I haven't done anything yet on my NANO novel - working title They Come Unbidden, but I will, even if it's just a few sentences.

And, a few hours ago I thought I might just go to bed without doing any writing today. I think that talking to myself about why I wanted to do it - heck it's the first of a new month. I don't want to destroy my streak this early... that could portend not so great things, and my 750 words no one will read, and probably no one will be reading my blog either, so it's not like I have to please anyone but myself. And truly, there is never anyone I need to please but myself. So I am writing and that is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment