Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Only 30 minutes left in December 2nd

As there are only 30 minutes left to this day, I will just quickly pound this out though truth be told, I have NO idea what I'm going to write about.

It's been a pretty marvelous day, actually... the universe stepped up as it always does. I had no idea where I was going on They Come Unbidden (my NANO novel), and then, during a writing workshop today the 'guide,' I call her that cause she is an amazing guide, gave us a quote that lead me to realize where I had to take my character - what her next steps would be. 

I also got bent completely out of shape and didn't understand why, but then I did two things... I believe I mentioned something I learned through "Your Year of Miracles," which was to get hold of that place inside where the discomfort, anger, frustration, etc. existed and then squeeze that area letting myself know that all is well and that I have my own back and that I will always be there for myself, and then I went and did a sweat (red light sauna), and played a couple of rounds of an old computer game I haven't played for a long time, and then I watched part of the first episode this crazy Netflix show that I was thoroughly enjoying called The Duchess (the sauna has a big TV and netflix! :)).

So at some point during those activities, I snapped out of it - headache and all. The headache was probably helped by the 2 extra strength Excedrins and the 1 ibuprofen. But that aside, wow - the 40 minute sweat went by in a flash and I had a really wonderful conversation with the woman (young woman) who works there... oops, I was indoors speaking with someone who was not really 6 feet away from me, for more than 15 minutes, but we were both masked.

So... I also want to say that this would have been my 36th anniversary if my ex and I were still married, but we aren't. We came together to bring life lessons to one another, and life to one of the loveliest people I know, and knowing that, I would not change a thing. Plus, I really love my life here in Orange County, and had I not married my ex, I would probably never have moved down here. My attitude before I moved here and in the first few years was that I was living behind the orange curtain...

So all in all, it was a really nice day and I'm so happy to have lived it. Wow, I finished with 14 minutes to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment