Saturday, March 28, 2015

Yep. Going to China AND Tibet!

Life is amazing, wonderful, wondrous, and filled will possibilities. Abraham has it right. Focus on what you want and you're likely to get it. Actually - you WILL get it as long as you don't also focus on what you don't want which is so easy to do. For example - if I think about this China trip, and am excited about it except for the things that could go wrong, I am not holding in the energy of what I want. I am also holding some energy of what I don't want. 

So, in my head I'm hearing some of you saying "She's deluded." Guess I need to work on that because as Terry Cole Whittaker said way back in 1988 "What You Think of Me is None of My Business." And she's right, and you are entitled to your opinion just as I am. All I can say is try it, you'll like it! Plus isn't being happy worth being deluded, especially when you realize that it isn't delusion, though I'm not sure what I want to call it. Maybe truth.

Another example that Abraham uses a lot is with money. If you want more money but you keep focusing on the fact that you don't have enough, what you're attracting is not enough. If you focus on why you want the money - it will be so nice to do whatever I want when I want it, I will love taking my friends out to lunch, I will feels so good paying all my bills on time, etc. etc., etc, you are more likely to bring that to you. Watch your feelings, they are a good indication of where you are. And if the feelings are not good then focus on something else, a child, a pet, a loved one, a nice experience you are having or have had, anything to make you feel better. Anyway, if you want more of THAT look up Abraham-Hicks on YouTube or Abraham-Hicks.com.

So, I'm going to China and Tibet! And it feels so good! I might be doing a solo tour in Tibet which is like WOW! I can ask whatever I want, stay longer where I am inspired to stay and leave if the spirit is not moving me.

I am watching Wild China on Netflix (streaming it) and I get chills every time.

Getting ready for the trip.

There are some very specific requirements about luggage size and weight when traveling by air within China. They require a suitcase 62" or under. And I cannot pay attention to what it says on the luggage tags at the store because they are excluding the wheels and handles and in China they don't do that. Also there is a 44 pound max, but that'll be later when I start packing.

So I need a new suitcase. I don't have one that fits the bill. I went to TJ Maxx to look. They didn't really have what I was looking for - close but no cigar. Then I went to Marshalls and had the same experience until saw this guy dragging around a suitcase that looked perfect. I asked him what it was, and he told me. I looked; there were no others. I went up to the counter with an okayish second. I was in line behind "my" suitcase. I asked the woman who was standing by the suitcase if I could measure it, and if I could look inside. The woman, for whom the suitcase was being bought said "Sure." Then she told me I could find another one like it at Nordstrom. The size was perfect, and the inside was perfect. It had many little pockets that would be great for shoes. They would not touch the clothes. It was just what I was looking for.

I asked the cashier if she could hold the "second best" suitcase for me until the next day. She said she could. Then I got on my phone to find another Marshalls. I'd taken a picture of the tag for the bag so I had all the numbers and the cost. The Marshalls that showed up on my phone was not one near me in Palm Desert. It was near my home a hundred miles or so away. I decided to call anyway. They had one left (of course)! I asked if I could pay for it over the phone. The woman went to ask her manager and came back to say, "No, we cannot have you pay for it on the phone, but even though it's not our policy, we will hold it for you until you get back. I told her your circumstances, and she approved it."

Wow - another miracle, another wonderful experience for this trip. I will pick up my suitcase when I get home, and cross one more item off my list. My intention is to go to LA next week to get my Visa. I am sure that all will be perfect. And I will report again my further adventures of going to China, because it is my expectation that there will be a miracle or two in the visa process as well.

So happy about all of this. And so looking forward to my next great adventure. Minutes from now!

1 comment:

  1. So where is the picture of this suitcase? I'm thinking I need a new suitcase also. And I think you're right. Good things seem to follow when you have a good attitude and a positive outlook. Bad things tend to pile up when you have a bad attitude or let daily frustrations throw you into a bad mood or spend too much time worrying about things you really can do nothing about. Latest article I read said new research shows that people with good attitudes and positive outlooks live longer than those without...so keep smilin' and thinking positive.

    ReplyDelete