Sunday, March 22, 2015

Going to China?

I realized that in my previous posts I've been mentioning Abraham-Hicks, but I haven't really introduced them to you. So, if you're a newbie, my latest foray (actually it's been an almost 10 year foray) has been into the world of Abraham-Hicks (www.Abraham-Hicks.com). This is where I am receiving most of my "how-it-really-is" guidance these days as well as entertainment, joy, playfulness, irreverent attitude toward the world we know it, and  a bunch of tools to finally put into practice things I've believed since I was very very small. I've done a ton of personal growth work, but for some reason, at this time, this work is resonating with me like nothing else.

Very basically Abraham, a group of Source Energy Beings. are being channeled by Esther Hicks. Their main teaching is about the The Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction says that which is like unto itself is drawn, or more basically, one gets what one focuses on. I am cranky, I attract cranky. I am joyful and playful, I attract that. There is more to it, but that's it in a nutshell. One can go to YouTube.com and input Abraham-Hicks and get some wonderful video and audio pieces on everything from money to relationships to some of the processes that they've created and taught, or you could go to their site mentioned above.

I've been yo-yo-ing a lot the last few weeks between feeling great and feeling off kilter. But in the last few weeks, I've also gotten more consistently more of these mini-miracles I've been talking about. The latest one is very interesting to me, and I'm not yet exactly sure how it's going to turn out.

I was taking my female cat Slippers to the vet to get IV hydration (I'm not yet brave enough to stick that fat needle into my cat to do the deed at home). I was feeling a bit funky, and I started to speak with Slippers and I moaned, "I think I have to go to China." And then I said "Where the &*#)@ did that come from? I just figured I was hallucinating something or other. We went to the Vet, hydrated the cat, and then went back home. I let her out of her carrier and went up stairs to my computer. There was an e-mail that popped in as I sat down in front of the computer from the San Diego Zoo. It said "Time is Running Out" and was about their upcoming (in May) trip to China. I shook my head and deleted it. Then I un-deleted it and started to read. As I was reading the itinerary, I got excited about maybe doing this, but then I started telling myself all the reasons I shouldn't from a cat that needs IV hydration to the cost, to my commitments, to needing to find someone to house-sit, etc., etc., etc.

Since then I've spoken to my sister who says I must go. I've also been thinking about something I shared at an Abraham-Hicks workshop that I went to in Asheville in 2012 and what I told Abraham and what they told me. As well as the fact that I've been thinking lately that I want to do more in my life and have more fun and listen to myself more.

Basically what Abraham said to me when I said I didn't know what I wanted is that I was lying (a bit of a joke), because I do know that I want to know. I admitted that I did want that.

I do want, as I mentioned in post 1, to be more in tune to receiving inspiration that leads to inspired action. And telling my cat that I should go to China, and then having an e-mail show up for a trip that is just about to take place almost immediately afterwards seems like something I need to pay attention to, and I am aware that I have gotten other hits about things and ignored them, so this feels like I'm getting back what I want.

Reading the trip brochure, the final payment was due by February 18th, meaning that this is their last ditch effort to fill the trip. I have to wonder if one of those spaces was reserved for me. Though I've never really wanted to "go" to China, I loved the terracotta warriors when I saw them at the Bowers Museum in 2008, and I love Ming Dynasty pottery (and was given a beautiful necklace from a someone I once worked for that was a piece of a Ming vase), and I love photos of the Great Wall and have wondered what it would be like to walk on it, and I've been a bit obsessed with River Cruises over the last few years, and it just so happens that there is a two-day river cruise on the Yangtze River as part of this trip along with visits to the wall, the warriors, and the Ming Dynasty temple of heaven, as well as - GREAT PANDAS!!! I love the Pandas at the zoo and could just stare at them for ages. I might even get to pet one. It is sounding (and feeling) more and more like I should be getting my passport in order.

One final thing was that when my daughter was around 3 years old she wanted goldfish. We got her two and she named them Gogo and Henan. I'd never heard anything like it. Gogo and Henan? Well the weirder part was when I was listening to a show on NPR maybe a year after Gogo and Henan had joined our family, about a small province in China called Henan. So I figured that maybe Sarah had been Gogo from Henan. But maybe I'm letting my imagination take over, and if that's true. Well God bless it. I want my imagination to take over because there are books and maybe plays I need to write, and perhaps my inspiration will be in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment